Thursday, May 5, 2011

Better-Than-Crack Brownies

What I would like to know is who comes up with this stuff?? I mean better than crack brownies? Unfortunately, unless you have a very strong will I guarantee you will be eating more than one of these brownies. I love to bake different desserts, cookies, cakes, and bars then bring them somewhere else out of site out of mind. My husband always gets mad and asks why I always have to share with everyone! I guess that is not a bad thing at least he is not trying to give them away.


Better-than-Crack Brownies
Adapted from Tasty Kitchen

  • 1 box (18.25 Oz. Box) Brownies (Additional Required Ingredients) 
  • ½ cups Salted Peanuts
  • 1 cup Chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (8 reg cups equals 1 cup)
  • 1-½ cup Milk Chocolate Chips
  • 1-½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  • ½ Tablespoons Butter
  • 1-½ cup Rice Krispie Cereal

Directions
Mix brownies according to directions (you’ll typically need water, eggs, and oil, as directed in mix package), and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.
While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over the top.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Get all of your ingredients ready and chopped so you can just add them when needed
After brownies cook add the PB cups and chopped nuts.
 I used cashews and slivered almonds because that is what I had and it worked just fine
Melt the Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter, Butter and then stir in cereal and spread over brownies evenly.
 Refigerate at least 2 hours.And
Then Enjoy and try just try to eat only 1

1 comment: