Sunday, May 15, 2011

Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dressing

Since it is almost summer and you know maybe looking to loose a few of those winter pounds I am looking for lighter recipes. I came across this salad and red pepper dressing courtesy of Cheeky Kitchen that sounded amazing and decided to give it a try. I do love salads they can be very good for you or can also be bad depending on your toppings. My only downfall is the cheese I LOVE cheese and almost any kind and can eat lots of it so, it is hard for me to put a small amount on my salad. This dressing even though it is a creamy dressing it is still very light and so simple!! It is so nice to make your own dressing because then you know what is in it.


First you want to start with your fresh ingredients. If you have a wonderful garden and can pick your peppers and basil even better!!

Next place all your ingredients in a blender. I chopped them up a bit just to make it easier

I used my trusty magic bullet and puree ingredients until very smooth

Pour your sweet creamy dressing over your salad. In my salad I used romaine, calamata olives, cooked pasta, cucumber, purple onion, and feta cheese.

I dont know about you but I love to get one of everything in my bite! I am kinda weird like that but it tastes so much better when you can blend together the sweetness of the dressing, saltiness of the olives, tanginess of the feta cheese, and the crunch of the lettuce and onion oh and chewiness of the pasta!
You could also just cook up some pasta put all the ingredients minus the lettuces and have a awesome pasta salad for a picnic.

Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Dressing

6oz Plain Greek Yogurt
2 Large Strips of Roasted Red Pepper
1/2 Shallot
1/4 Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Honey
1/4 Tbs white vinegar
1/2 Tsp Salt
3-4 Fresh Basil Leaves

In a Blender Puree everything until very smooth. Refrigerate till use.

No comments:

Post a Comment