Cheesy Meat Loaf Minis
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (about 1 ounce)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, diced ( You may use any type of cheese you would like)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (I omitted this since I didn't not have any)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin ( or switch it up and used ground Turkey like I did)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs; cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently.
- 3. While breadcrumbs cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup ketchup, and remaining ingredients. Shape into 6 (4 x 2-inch) loaves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; spread 2 teaspoons ketchup over each. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until done.
I used real bread and just ground a few pieces in my food processor so they were nice and fresh.
Look at all that Yummy Gooey cheese in the center! These are a definite keeper. If you have kids Im sure they will love them and they wont know it is healthy for them.