Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fettuccine Alfredo


I decided to make this pasta because I was doing a 5k the next morning with my friend and it is supposed to help give you energy for the next day. I do have another recipe for Alfredo that I make that has onion, tomatoes, and mushrooms but my friend unfortunately does not like any of that stuff. So, I had to make plain old Alfredo and decided to add cut up chicken also. This recipe is very very simple and has very few ingredients fast to throw together and it tastes good also! Along with the Alfredo I made some garlic toast with the French bread I had made earlier that day which will be in another post. Also, super easy!!




Fettuccine Alfredo
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman


Servings: 6
1 pound fettuccine Noodles
1 stick of butter
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese


Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions.

In a saucepan or skillet, warm butter and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Grate Parmesan cheese and place half of it into a large serving bowl. Pour warm butter/cream mixture over the top and add chicken if you decide too.
Drain pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl.
Toss a couple of times, then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan.
Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary which, I did not need to use extra water

Cook Pasta According to Package
In sauce pan or skillet, warm butter and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
Grate Parmesan and place half of it in a large serving bowl
Sprinkle the rest of Parmesan Cheese and Serve Immediately 

No comments:

Post a Comment