Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beer Can Chicken

My husband was actually the one who wanted me to make it and he even helped a little. Anytime I can use the grill and be outside I jump at the chance. I didn't really follow a recipe for this I just mixed up my favorite spices and rubbed it all over the chicken. It is also a very simple recipe.


Get a 3 1/2 to 4lb chicken depending on how many people you plan on feeding. Wash it out and pat dry. Rub whatever spices you want on it. I used Smoked Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Rub all over the chicken and use a potato to stuff the neck closed so all the steam stays in the chicken.

Use whatever beer you want and drink or pour out half. Preferably drink because otherwise that would be alcohol abuse!! I cut up some garlic cloves and threw in the can also. Place the chicken over the beer can and place on a med to high heat grill.

Cook on the grill till the internal temperature reaches around 180 degrees in the breast area.


Take Chicken off the grill and let rest for a few minutes before you cut. Beware of all the Juices and make sure you have a pan that will catch all the juices from the chicken.

Enjoy your chicken with some savory sweet corn on the grill. The chicken alone does not taste like beer it just gives it a good steam and makes the chicken so juicy and moist!

Beer Can Chicken
1-3-4lb whole chicken
Spices such as Smoked Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, Thyme, and Rosemary
I can of beer half full
2 cloves sliced garlic

Clean out and Rinse whole chicken, Pat Dry. Rub chicken all over with spices. Cut 2 cloves of garlic and place in half full can of beer. Place whole chicken over can of beer and place on medium high heat grill atop tin foil. Grill chicken for about 1to 1 1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Let chicken rest for about 5 minutes before carving and serving. 

I know this picture has nothing to do with food but after we got done eating and cleaned up I had to let the dog out to do his duty and saw this beautiful sky. I love the skies in the summer they are so bright and vibrant! 

No comments:

Post a Comment