Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Asian-Style Grilled Tuna Steaks

Another nice day in the neighborhood! Perfect day for grilling. I am trying to get more protein in my diet so therefore I am looking for lean high protein items. This last weekend I made my first trip to Trader Joe's near the cities and there is where I purchased my first Ahi Tuna Steaks. I can honestly say that I have never eaten or bought a tuna steak. I have eaten plenty of canned tuna but never a steak not sure why either. Anyways I thought I would give it a try so, I found a Asian style marinade to put my steaks in.


First you want to get some good looking Tuna Steaks. I bought mine frozen and just made sure to take them out of the freezer a day before.

After you let your steaks marinate, place them on a medium heat grill. Grill about 3- 4 minutes on each side depending on the desire of doneness. If you like it more on the rare side stick to around 3 minutes

Take off Grill and Enjoy!

Grilled Asian-Style Tuna Steaks
Marinade
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
3 garlic cloves minced
1 lemon thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped green onion
2- Tuna Steaks

Mix all of ingredients and marinate steaks for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can also sprinkle with sesame seeds to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment