Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fresh Raspberry Lemonade

Summer is so full of such wonderful fruits and veggies!! Unfortunately, I do not have a garden but luckily I have friends and relatives that do. I was fortunate enough to get a few bags of fresh raspberries from my mother in law. Now find something I can make with my fresh raspberries. I made a raspberry cheesecake last week with my Strawberry Cheesecake and just substituted berries. I wanted to make something different that I have never made before. Looked through all my magazines and found a wonderful Fresh Raspberry lemonade recipe!! Score. It did seem a little labor intensive but totally worth my time!!




Fresh Raspberry Lemonade
courtesy of Cooking Light

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups water, divided
  • 2 cups fresh raspberries
  • 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
  • 1 3/4 cups fresh lemon juice (about 13 medium lemons)
  • 16 ounces sparkling water, chilled

Preparation
  • 1. Combine sugar and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
  • 2. Combine remaining 1 1/4 cups water and raspberries in a blender; pulse 10 times or until well blended. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large pitcher; discard solids. Add orange juice, lemon juice, sparkling water, and cooled syrup to pitcher; stir to combine. Serve immediately over ice. ( You may also add a little vodka to it for an adult cocktail!!)  I also did some of the steps ahead of time so I could just pour it all together when I needed it.

  • This is such a great refreshing drink not too sweet or tart just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment