Fresh Raspberry Lemonade
courtesy of Cooking Light
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 3/4 cups fresh lemon juice (about 13 medium lemons)
- 16 ounces sparkling water, chilled
- 1. Combine sugar and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Combine remaining 1 1/4 cups water and raspberries in a blender; pulse 10 times or until well blended. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large pitcher; discard solids. Add orange juice, lemon juice, sparkling water, and cooled syrup to pitcher; stir to combine. Serve immediately over ice. ( You may also add a little vodka to it for an adult cocktail!!) I also did some of the steps ahead of time so I could just pour it all together when I needed it.
- This is such a great refreshing drink not too sweet or tart just right!