Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos
Yields: 14 servings
2 center cut slices bacon ( you could also substitute turkey bacon to make it even healthier)
1/4 cup (4oz) cream cheese softened
1/4 cup (4oz) fat free cream cheese softened
1/4 cup (1oz) shredded extra sharp cheddar
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 small garlic clove, minced
14 Jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded (If you find larger ones you may not need as many)
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tablespoons chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Cook bacon in skillet till crispy. Crumble Bacon
- Combine bacon, cheeses, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl, stirring to combine
- Divide cheese evenly and fill the pepper halves.
- Place peppers, cheese side up on a grill rack or grate coated with cooking spray
- Cover and grill peppers about 8 minutes until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese is lightly brown.
- Place peppers on a serving platter and sprinkle with cilantro and tomato
Serving size 2 halves
Calories: 56 Fat: 4.1
Here they are on the grate that I use very often!! You could also make these up ahead of time and just cover, put in fridge and will be ready to throw on the grill when your ready.
I would highly suggest using caution when eating these because they are very highly addictive!!!!