Thursday, February 16, 2012

Slow Cooker Black Bean and Corn Salsa chicken

Since I am a total fan of crock pot meals lately I decided to add another. This one was actually made on the weekend but it was perfect because I put it all in the pot and was able to get stuff done for the rest of the day. This recipe was SUPER easy also no complaints here. Very Very few ingredients also which is nice because it is a small shopping list for once and nothing out of the ordinary that you would never use again. 
Very few ingredients these are just a few and depending on how you use the mixture you wont need much.


Slow Cooker Black Bean and Corn Salsa Chicken
Adapted from sixsistersstuff


Ingredients

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed ( you may use whatever beans you like)
2 cans corn, drained
1 package taco seasoning
4-5 chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
3/4 cup water

Directions
Put beans, corn, taco seasoning, and water in crock pot and mix together until seasoning is dissolved. Place chicken breasts on top and spread salsa on chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred meat place back in crock pot and stir till combined. Serve however you desire

I chose to make mine into tacos. I had shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, Onions, avocado, shredded cheese, and sour cream. I used flour tortillas and wrapped them up right into my mouth!!

I served my delicious tacos alongside some re fried beans and cilantro lime rice! YUM I had my sis, her hubby, and my 2 nieces over and still had a bunch left over. I was able to freeze the rest in single portions for when I am home alone and need a good meal. The next day I did use my left overs and made a salad with the mixture and was very delicious! Very versatile recipe super easy and a definite must try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment